Home & School Association
The Home & School Association works to support and enhance the educational ministry of the school. The organization builds community by hosting social gatherings and parent-focused educational programs, coordinates volunteer and social outreach opportunities, and organizes events to raise funds for the school. The HSA also hosts a General Meeting twice a year for the entire school community. The work of the HSA contributes to the warm and welcoming environment for which we are known.
The HSA encompasses our pastor, principal, teachers, and all parents of children attending St. Raphael School. It acts through a representative body—the HSA Steering Committee.
The HSA Steering Committee 2021-22
The HSA Steering Committee comprises school parents who have volunteered to take a leadership role within the HSA. Members meet monthly during the school year. They represent the interests of the parents and the school at large and are integral in communicating key initiatives to the classes they represent. The members of the current HSA Steering Committee are as follows:
- President: Sabrina Colaianni
- Vice President: Vacant
- Treasurer: Catherine Pulse
- Secretary: Cristina Lubian
- 8th Grade Representative: Maureen Risch and Kristen Gregory
- 7th Grade Representative: Teresa Marshall and Valerie Mayer
- 6th Grade Representative: Laura Long
- 5th Grade Representative: Tracy Marshman
- 4th Grade Representative: Natalie Pardo
- 3rd Grade Representative: Jessica Bitonti
- 2nd Grade Representative: Catherine Condell
- 1st Grade Representative: Brenna Haffner
- Kindergarten Representative: Julie Kolasinski and Laura Magafan
- SRS Marketing Representatives: Lexi McClure and Stacey Woodward
- SRS Administrative Assistant: Lara Roach
- Activities/Events Chair: Various
- SRS Board Representative: Heidi Wildermuth
- SRNS Liaison: Shawn O'Brien
- Past President: Stephanie Klinger
The Home & School Association and the students of St. Raphael School are grateful for the many volunteers who help with programs and events offered throughout the school year. Volunteering is optional but highly encouraged and is a wonderful way to meet other parents and feel a part of the community.
Before you offer to help, note the volunteer requirements mandated by the Archdiocese of Washington, and get started on the four steps to compliance. We look forward to your involvement! Find the link to the sign-up below for the current volunteer opportunities.
- Volunteer Requirements
- Volunteer Sign-Up
- School Calendar
- Teacher and Staff Gift Fund
- Other Ways to Help
St. Raphael School Board
The St. Raphael School Board provides advice and assistance to the administrative team (pastor and principal) in the governance of the school. The board fulfills its purpose and exercises its functions in accord with the mission and goals of the parish as well as with the goals, policies, and regulations of the Archdiocese of Washington. The board handles a variety of responsibilities, including planning, developing, financing, public relations, development and fundraising, and evaluation. Candidates for the board are nominated by the board to the administrative team for appointment. Each member serves a three-year term, and reappointment is at the discretion of the administrative team.
SRS Board 2021-22:
Meetings: The St. Raphael School Board meets in the evenings the third or fourth Tuesday of the month